Resilience Conference 2022/3
Date : 1st February, 2023
Venue : Dynamic Earth, Edinburgh
The Scottish Continuity Resilient Scotland Conference is Scotland’s leading conference for Business Continuity, Emergency Planning and Resilience professionals.
After an understandable absence in 2021, we returned in 2023 even more determined to inspire and support our members and their organisations to not only survive but also thrive our way through the new normal. We have a proven track record of delivering a topical and interesting programme, providing excellent value for money to sponsors, exhibitors and attendees.
Presenters Slides : View Here
Full agenda here : Download Agenda
Scottish Continuity members attend the event FREE OF CHARGE, non-members are charged £125.
Contact email@example.com for more information!
Webinar - Power Outages and Preparation
What happens when the lights go out - will you be left in the dark?
The Scottish Continuity Group (SCG) was delighted to host its recent event, ‘SCG Webinar - Power Outages and Preparation' on Wednesday 7th December. This event was part of the SCG’s Learning and Education Programme for 2022/3 and was delivered as part of the ‘Your resilience is our resilience’ theme.
Thanks to our great speakers:
- Amanda Coleman – Crisis Communication Consultant
- John Beresford – Senior Resilience Co-Ordinator, East of Scotland RRP
- Mark Freeburn – BCM & Civil Resilience Specialist, Networks
- Eric Leavy – SP Energy Networks
See the slides used here - NPO Slides and Communicating in the Darkness
These video links may also be of interest to attendees:
10 minutes with Canadian crisis management expert Shawna Bruce
10 minutes with Aamir Abbasi
This blog may also be of interest :- The Yarrow View | National Preparedness Commission
Education and Training Work stream for 2022-2023
How does Scottish Continuity intend to meet our objectives this year and encourage new members to join up and get involved?
During COVID, face-to-face meetings and learning events was impossible for some months, just at the time when sharing good practice and reflecting on new initiatives was more important than ever.
As a result
- We have replaced our regular Breakfast Meetings with a “Lockdown Café” on selected Fridays from 10am to 11am. To ensure we add as much value to these sessions as possible, each session will be facilitated by a Board Member and will have a guest speaker who will present on a topical issue for 10 minutes and take questions. Details of the guest speaker / topic together with Zoom dial-in particulars will be sent to Scottish Continuity Board Members on a regular basis. We also welcome any suggestions from Members as to what you would like to chat about.
- 2 x Learning Events – we are reviewing the options of hosting 2 small learning events in the next 12 months and how we can effectively run these virtually, at the moment. (See our Personal Resilience event - Register here!)
- Resilient Conference 2022 – We ae planning to host this event in the usual format this year! (Register here!)
- Our usual 2 x social events will be put on hold for now and we will be resumed as soon as possible
Here at Scottish Continuity we wish to be accessible to all our members including students and to connect with the entire business continuity / disaster recovery / resilience planning / incident management community throughout the length and breadth of Scotland.
We would encourage as many organisations and individuals as possible to join the group and benefit from the many years of experience that our membership offers. Joining Scottish Continuity is a great way for like-minded professionals to share knowledge, particularly in these difficult times. Membership is from as little as £75 per individual member – details about joining can be found at www.scottishcontinuity.com/join_us
Our current members include, but are not exclusive to
- Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery / Incident Management professionals
- Emergency Services / Crisis Support Organisations
- Facilities & Infrastructure professionals
- IT Resilience professionals
- Local Authorities including Resilience Managers and others
- Local Business Directors / Managers
- Risk Management professionals
- Scottish & UK Government resilience staff
- Suppliers to the industry
FREE Counter Terrorism Training!
During these unprecedented times where many of you are working from home, could you spare 45 minutes to help "protect the national security of the UK?"
Access to Counter Terrorism Policing's FREE counter terrorism training has been made easier for home users.
The award-winning course explains how to spot signs of suspicious behaviour and what to do to help yourself, others and emergency responders if an attack should take place.
ACT today and sign up 👉 https://www.counterterrorism.police.uk/elearningtoolkit/
#ActionCountersTerrorism Download UK Protect National Bulletin