|| News & Events
Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Planning Surgeries
Have you got any unanswered Business Continuity and/or Disaster Recovery questions?
- Are you looking for a recovery solution (IT, Telephony, Business, Employee, Building, Outsourcing etc)?
- Do you want to know what tools & techniques are available to help build/improve your plan & recovery solution?
- Does the thought of knowing how to recover IT, Telephony, Software and Hardware send you into a state of panic?
- Ever wondered if your recovery plan is actually 'fit for purpose'?
- Could you develop a plan and recover solution on a budget?
- Would you like to understand the benefits of recovery testing?
- Nervous about networking but would like to talk to someone in the industry?
- Want to know a bit more about Scottish Continuity?
- ............and many more questions!...........
Did you answer YES to any of the above? If so, then why not come along and join us at our breakfast surgeries? Some of our board members will be on hand to discuss and answer your questions.
Dates: Wed 24th July 2013, 23rd Oct 2013
Time: 0830 - 0930
Venue: Beanscene, Grosvenor Street, Haymarket, Edinburgh
Sales & Gimmicks: None, Informal Discussions Only
G2G3 - Incident Management Simulation Exercise - 21st February
G2/G3 agreed to run another one of their extremely popular simulation exercises after our AGM. The simulation exercise was intensive and a high-impact energetic way to accelerate understanding and acceptance of effective Service Management principles (Incident, Problem, Change, Configuration, Cost & Knowledge Management) processes and technologies. We all had great fun, and learned a few things along the way. It was easy to see why these events are so well received in many large global organisations. See the Polar Factsheet for details.
To find out more please read about them and their services on their website - http://www.g2g3.com/
RESILIENT SCOTLAND CONFERENCE 2012
Monday 19th November
Hilton Grosvener Hotel, Edinburgh
Following on the success of previous years the Scottish Continuity Resilient Scotland Conference 2012 offered attendees the opportunities to hear presentations from industry experts, focussing on current issues including building Resilience, choosing the right people for your response team and how to simplify Business Continuity. A practical exercise based session took place in the afternoon, and the well attended event was enjoyed by all!
See the presentations from the event on the Sidebar of this page.
Feedback from the event included:
Firstly may I once again congratulate you on another job well done this year. It is always fantastic to see such a well-run event with such a consistently high turnout year on year. It was a pleasure to be directly involved in this year's event. We hope your delegates found the exercise to be enjoyable and importantly provide learning points and considerations that they can take back to their own organisations. - Thomas Croall, Needhams 1834 Ltd.
A big thank you to our sponsors and exhibitors, including
- Phoenix IT Services
- Needhams 1834 Ltd
Additional thanks go to Joyce Borthwick at Crescent Events for her great organisation and co-ordination skills leading to the success of the event on the day - again! You can contact Joyce at email@example.com or call telephone 0131 554 8998.
Main Sponsor Exercise Sponsor